STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thank you for choosing Accom Townsville. By staying with us, you agree to adhere to the terms and conditions outlined below. If there is failure to comply with these terms and conditions, Accom Townsville has the right to refuse the key, amend the rate or terminate the booking agreement immediately.
Please take the time to read this carefully. If you have any questions, please contact our Accom Townsville team on (07) 4772 5555
1. Townsville Rentals Pty Ltd t/as Accom Townsville (the Agent) acts as Agent of the Owner of the Property and accepts reservations in that capacity, in accordance with the terms and conditions detailed herein.
2. The Agent’s office hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm. The office is closed on public holidays.
3. These terms and conditions shall be valid and binding on all guests and their visitors, whether signed by guests or other visitors or not, and represents the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any oral or written representation by any party.
4. The property is made available to guests for holiday residential purposes ONLY for the stated period, as per the reservation confirmation.
5. The property will be available from 2:00pm on the date of the guest/s arrival.
6. If guests are anticipating their arrival to be after 5:00pm or on a weekend or public holiday, the Agent must be notified 24 hours in advance to make arrangements for after hour key collection.
7. The Agent will send, via email, all check-in instructions to the guest/s one week prior to the intended date of arrival.
8. It is a requirement at the time of check-in that the guest who books the property with the Agent provides proof of identification by way of a drivers license or passport and credit card. By providing these details to the Agent, the guest hereby authorises the Agent to retain a copy of those details for a period until which the Agent is satisfied the property has been left in a satisfactory condition.
9. All reservations require a holding deposit (minimum 10% of the total reservation) plus payment of a $65.00 booking fee, to be made within seven (7) days from the date of reservation.
10. If reservations are made within seven (7) days of the check-in date, payment of the holding deposit and booking fee is payable immediately.
11. The balance of the total reservation is due and payable 24 hours prior to the date of check-in.
12. If the Agent does not receive payment from the guest/s by the required date, the Agent reserves the right to cancel the reservation and apply appropriate cancellation charges.
13. In the event that guests wish to extend the period of their reservation (subject to availability), payment in full for the further period, is required upfront.
14. Acceptable payment methods are DIRECT DEBIT, EFTPOS and CREDIT CARD (please note credit card transactions will incur a 2% surcharge).
15. Where payment is made by direct debit, the guest should ensure that the correct reference provided by the Agent is used to identify the transfer.
16. Where the guest has booked (or extended the stay) for a period in excess of six (6) weeks, it is a requirement that the guest/s ensure that rent remains paid 30 days in advance, at all times.
17. The property is to be vacated by all guests and visitors by 10:00am on the final day of the reservation.
18. All keys for the property are to be handed back to the Agent’s office by 10:30am. If keys are returned after 2:00pm, an extra night will be charged.
19. On vacating the property, guests are to ensure that the property is securely locked and all keys and remotes are to be returned to our office or left in the lock box outside our office.
20. All lights, fans and air-conditioners must be switched off. If any lights, fans or air-conditions are found still running, guests will be charged an additional fee of $50.00.
21. All rubbish and personal belongings are to be removed by the guests. A failure to remove rubbish or personal belongings from the property may result in additional cleaning charges.
22. Guests are to ensure that any/all barbeques at the property are cleaned prior to vacating. A failure to do so will result in guests being charged an additional cleaning fee of $50.00.
23. A professional clean will be carried out on all properties after check-out. Excess cleaning charges will be incurred by guests, at a rate of $40.00 per hour, if the property is found to have not been left in a state deemed satisfactory by the Agent.
24. All cancellations must be notified to the Agent in writing, by email, facsimile or letter sent by registered post.
25. If the guest/s cancel the reservation more than 30 days prior to the intended date of arrival, the $65.00 booking fee will be non-refundable.
26. If the guest/s cancel the reservation less than 30 days but more than14 days prior to the intended date of arrival, the holding deposit will be non-refundable.
27. If the guest/s cancel the reservation less than 14 days prior to the intended date of arrival, a cancellation fee of 50% of the total reservation amount (plus credit card charges) will apply.
28. If the guest/s cancel the reservation during the stay period, two weeks’ notice must be given and a cancellation fee of 50% of the remainder of the reservation amount (plus credit card charges) will apply.
29. The number of occupants in the property must not exceed the number of beds provided for, or the number agreed to with the Agent at the time of making the reservation (whichever is the lesser amount).
30. Guests are to be aware that condition inspection photos will be taken of every property prior to each new reservation.
31. Guests are responsible for all/any loss or damage that is caused to the property and contents during their stay.
32. Garbage bins are to be put out and brought in as required.
33. Supervision of minors is required at all times.
34. Smoking is prohibited inside the property.
35. Loss of keys or remotes will be charged to the guest at the discretion of the Agent.
36. Pets are NOT permitted inside or around the property.
37. We enforce a strict NO PARTY policy. Our Agency will not hesitate to contact the police at any time to enforce this condition. In the event that this condition is not complied with, the Agent reserves the right to immediately evict all guests, with rent paid being non-refundable.
38. All guests and their visitors must comply at all times with Body Corporate By Laws (where applicable) and with any other rules governing the behaviour and activities of guests and visitors.
39. Guests or visitors shall not create or permit any noise or nuisance which is likely to interfere with the peaceful enjoyment of any other persons occupying the premises. Should the Agent’s office receive complaints to this effect you will be requested to comply with this condition.
40. Any costs incurred by the Agent for after-hours call outs will be charged to the guest, with the minimum fee being $75.00.
41. Reasonable access may be required from time to time for maintenance or in the event that the property is being offered for sale, for the purposes of inspections with prospective purchasers.
42. All breakages, loss, damage or maintenance at the property must be reported to the Agent immediately. Any costs associated with the above, caused by guests or their visitors will be payable on demand to the Agent.
43. The Agent accepts no responsibility for any inconvenience with machinery/appliance fault. In such circumstances, the Agent will make its best endeavours to repair or replace the fault.
44. We accept reservations in good faith as agents, and as such we cannot be held responsible for circumstances beyond our control. No refunds or relocations will be given should the guest/s find that the property is not to their personal liking. Every attempt is made to promote the property and describe its features as it presents, the Agent nor the Owner will not be liable for any misrepresentations or misunderstandings at the time of booking.
45. In the event of the following, the Agent will make every reasonable endeavour to find alternative accommodation.
(a) The property is sold or withdrawn from holiday letting;
(b) The property requires major repair or maintenance work to be carried out which causes the property to be uninhabitable.
46. No liability is accepted for loss or debt, damage, delay, expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by events beyond the Agent or Owner’s control, or which are not caused by neglect or default by the Agent or Owner. The guest/s agrees to indemnify and keep indemnified the Agent and Owner (jointly and severally) against any claim or consequence in any way associated with such matters.
47. The Agent or the Owner accepts no responsibility in relation to the guest’s personal property.
48. Neither the Agent nor the Owner will be liable for any injury or death to the guests, the occupants or any other person on or in the vicinity of the property. The guest/s agrees to indemnify and keep indemnified the Agent and the Owner (jointly and severally) against any claim or consequence in any way associated with such injury or death.
49. The guest/s agrees to indemnify the Agent and the Owner (jointly and severally) against all legal proceedings, costs and expense for which either the Agent and/or the Owner may become legally responsible whether during or after the term of the tenancy arising from or in any way associated with the guest’s use of the property. This includes any responsibility in relation to extra cleaning charges, which arise as a result of the guest’s stay.
50. In these terms and conditions, where ‘guest’ includes more than one person, the obligations of such persons are joint and several.
51. Failure to comply with any of the conditions set out herein, will result in the immediate termination of the guest’s reservation. In such event, no amount is refundable.